Monday, November 11, 2013

Song of Myself

I celebrate myself, and sing myself, despite my lack of vocal talent.
Perhaps writing a song would be a better idea than singing one.
For every atom belonging to me cannot sing.

I loaf and invite my soul, at least for the first part of this long weekend.
I lean and loaf my soul at ease, putting this blog off until now.
School in abeyance, but work continuing.
Ceasing not until death.

Or perhaps until summer vacation.
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself.
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

The last scud of the day brings snow.
It flings its whiteness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd city,
It coaxes me to the indoors.

I stop somewhere with this parody (I suppose you could call it a parody. I don't know. What would you call it? (Comment honestly, everyone else hears you, and I check only a bit longer.)), so I might as well stop here.

Anyways...I have absolutely no clue what to write about, hence my interlude.
I celebrate myself for having straight A's in the first quarter, I suppose? And having a good first quarter of math team? And not falling too horribly behind on work (for the most part)?

I celebrate myself for accidentally freezing up my computer right now. Thankfully I didn't lose my work (save draft is your friend, people). I celebrate myself for remembering to save draft.

I celebrate myself for being one of the first in our class to finish this blog. So if it's not following the requirements, sorry.

And if this blog doesn't make any sense, that's fine. I too am untranslatable. You will hardly know what I mean (because I barely do), but I shall be good health to you nevertheless. Or hopefully at least a good read.
(But seriously, if this doesn't make any sense, check out the excerpt from Song of Myself. I celebrate myself for being able to blend that into this blog.)

1 comment:

  1. I like your song. I actually find it comical when you went into tangents where you made it seem like you were talking to the the reader. Also don't worry if you didn't follow the requirements, its a song about you, there are no rules. Congrats on the straight A's.

    ReplyDelete